Frequently Asked Questions
- What is this class action settlement?
- Why do I have vouchers?
- How many vouchers do I get?
- Where do I find my vouchers?
- Can I redeem my ticket vouchers for any event on Ticketmaster or Live Nation?
- Where can I find events to use my ticket vouchers?
- Are the ticket vouchers redeemable for any ticket?
- Am I guaranteed free tickets?
- Can I apply the vouchers to a previously placed order?
- Can I combine all the vouchers together?
- Can I transfer my vouchers to someone else?
- How do I know if I qualify for a ticket voucher?
- Where do I apply the vouchers?
- I think I should have more vouchers than I see in my account. What should I do?
- Can my voucher be used more than once if I only used it for one ticket?
- Why are there no events in my area?
- Can I use the mobile app or mobile web to redeem my vouchers?
- Are wheelchair accessible seats available for ticket voucher redemption?
- Why can I only redeem my ticket voucher for these events?
- When will my vouchers expire?
- Why will everyone who got a ticket voucher not get a ticket?
- Why can’t I use my ticket voucher for every event on LiveNation.com and Ticketmaster.com?
- How can the ticket vouchers be sold out?
- How do I sign up for notifications?
- When are you releasing more tickets?
- I no longer have access to the email I used to set up and access my Ticketmaster account. What should I do?
- Who do I contact if my question isn’t answered here?
- When will the event microsite be updated?
In 2003, the Schlesinger v. Ticketmaster class action lawsuit was filed alleging that Ticketmaster failed to fully disclose to consumers all aspects of its UPS and order processing fees. While vigorously defending the lawsuit, Ticketmaster settled the case in 2013, with the court granting final approval of the settlement in February 2015.
The settlement class generally includes all consumers who purchased tickets on Ticketmaster.com between October 21, 1999, and February 27, 2013 (the “class period”).
As part of the Schlesinger v. Ticketmaster settlement, Ticketmaster agreed to provide:
- To each class member, one discount code voucher (worth $2.25 off a future purchase of primary tickets) for every purchase from Ticketmaster.com during the class period, up to 17 vouchers per person.
- To class members who used UPS delivery during the class period, one $5 UPS discount code voucher for every purchase from Ticketmaster.com that included UPS delivery, again up to 17 vouchers per person.
- To each class member, one ticket voucher (redeemable for two eligible general admission tickets for select Live Nation concert events, subject to availability and limitations) for every purchase from Ticketmaster.com during the class period, up to 17 vouchers per person. Please be aware that due to limited availability, we expect these settlement ticket vouchers to be redeemed quickly.
- Each class member received one discount code voucher for each Ticketmaster.com purchase made during the class period, up to a maximum of 17 discount code vouchers.
- If you used UPS delivery for your tickets during the class period, you also received one UPS discount code voucher for each UPS delivery you paid for over the class period, up to a maximum of 17 UPS discount code vouchers.
- Each class member also received one ticket voucher for each Ticketmaster.com purchase the class member made during the class period, up to a maximum of 17 ticket vouchers. This voucher is redeemable for two eligible general admission tickets for select Live Nation concert events, subject to availability and limitations. Please be aware that due to limited availability, we expect these settlement ticket vouchers to be redeemed quickly.
Vouchers are made available to you under the “My Vouchers” link in your Ticketmaster account at https://www.ticketmaster.com/member/vouchers.
If you have lost or misplaced your Ticketmaster login name and/or password, please use the “Forgot password?” link to reset your password from https://www.ticketmaster.com/member/.
Per the settlement agreement, class members will receive ticket voucher codes that are intended to be redeemed for general admission concert tickets at designated Live Nation owned or operated venues, subject to availability and limitations. Live Nation owns or operates 42 amphitheaters in the United States. Additionally, at Live Nation’s discretion the events selected may also include Live Nation clubs such as the House of Blues. It is not contemplated by the settlement that Live Nation will make available any tickets for concerts which it promotes in third party buildings, including arenas and stadiums.
You can find eligible events here: http://concerts.livenation.com/microsite/settlement. If the initial list of events does not include an event in your area, please check back periodically, as new events may be added.
No. The vouchers are redeemable for two eligible general admission tickets for select events held at Live Nation owned and operated venues, subject to availability and limitations.
No. While all class members are eligible for qualified events, ticket vouchers will be redeemed on a first come, first served basis.
No. You cannot use your ticket or discount vouchers for previously placed orders.
- You can combine up to two discount vouchers per transaction ($4.50 total) and up to two UPS vouchers ($10.00 total) per transaction where you have elected UPS delivery.
- Up to two discount vouchers and two UPS vouchers can be used on the same purchase (four total vouchers for a total discount of $14.50)
- Ticket vouchers cannot be used with any other discount or UPS codes.
No. Vouchers can only be redeemed by the class member. They are non-transferable.
Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Log on to www.ticketmaster.com using your Ticketmaster username and password, or visit Ticketmaster’s mobile website, which can be accessed by either typing in ticketmaster.com, m.ticketmaster.com or www1.ticketmaster.com on your mobile phone or tablet. Enter the voucher(s) you would like to use in the in the applicable area on the billing page. Please note that vouchers may not be redeemed over mobile apps, so you should use your desktop or laptop, or type in the website on your mobile device if you want to use your vouchers.
Please email us at email@example.com.
No. Each voucher can only be used once, and then it will no longer be valid and it will no longer be viewable in your account.
Ticketmaster will provide tickets across a variety of events that take place at Live Nation owned and operated venues. If the initial list of events does not include an event in your area, please check back periodically, as new events may be added.
You may use the mobile web, which can be accessed by either typing in ticketmaster.com, m.ticketmaster.com or www1.ticketmaster.com on your mobile phone or tablet, to redeem your vouchers. Vouchers cannot be redeemed on the mobile app.
Yes. Eligible general admission tickets available for ticket voucher redemption are wheelchair accessible. Please redeem your voucher for your selected event(s) and then reach out to http://www.ticketmaster.com/h/customer-service.html for further assistance regarding your accessibility needs.
Per the settlement agreement, ticket vouchers can only be redeemed for eligible events at Live Nation owned and operated venues on a first come, first serve basis. Eligible events will include award-winning artists at legendary venues. Please continue to check back since more events may be added periodically. For an updated list of eligible events, visit http://concerts.livenation.com/microsite/settlement.
Your discount code and UPS discount code vouchers will expire on June 18, 2020. Your ticket vouchers will be valid for eligible events (which can be found here: http://concerts.livenation.com/microsite/settlement) until no further tickets are available for any listed events and no further events will be posted. Ticket voucher redemption is on a first come, first serve basis and we encourage you to check back frequently, as new tickets may be added periodically.
Per the terms of the settlement, a limited amount of tickets are being made available for class members, and ticket vouchers are redeemable on a first come, first serve basis.
Per the settlement, Ticketmaster is making tickets available to certain concerts at Live Nation owned and operated venues across the country. Not all events ticketed by Ticketmaster nor all Live Nation concerts are eligible for ticket voucher use.
Ticketmaster provides, per the settlement agreement, an allotment of tickets to the eligible events that may be purchased with ticket vouchers. Once ticket vouchers have been used to purchase all allotted tickets for a particular event, that event will be designated as “Voucher sold out for this event” on the following site: http://concerts.livenation.com/microsite/settlement. Check back frequently as additional tickets and events may be added periodically.
To sign up for notifications when additional tickets or new events have been added, please visit https://secure.gcginc.com/tkm/SubscriptionSignup.aspx.
New tickets may be made available periodically. For the most up-to-date information, please check http://concerts.livenation.com/microsite/settlement frequently.
You can contact us here: http://www.ticketmaster.com/h/customer-service.html
- If you have a question about the lawsuit or the benefits to which you are entitled, or if you believe you did not receive vouchers that you should have received, please reach out to Garden City Group at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you have a question about how to access your account, how to use your vouchers or how to find eligible events, please reach out to Ticketmaster customer service at help.ticketmaster.com.
Per the settlement agreement, Ticketmaster is responsible for making events available for ticket voucher redemption based on amount redeemed during the calendar year. To date, class members have redeemed nearly $15M worth of ticket vouchers, which is significantly more than required by the settlement in the 2016-17 term. At this time, the eligible event list is closed. We will periodically notify class members who have signed up for the e-mail subscription service when additional inventory becomes available.
Please note, the Discount Code and UPS Discount Code vouchers can still be used on primary tickets on any event on Ticketmaster.com. Log in to your account to view your vouchers and search for events.